MyOMLab: Our Four New OM Simulations
We are thrilled to announce that our learning package now includes some pretty sophisticated OM simulations. Here is a bit of background information.
- How many simulations will be part of OM Simulation? We have four gaming simulations: inventory management (chapter 12), quality control (chapter 6), forecasting (chapter 4), and project management (chapter 3). A fifth, supply chain management (chapter 11), will be available in late Fall.
- Are these simulation to be done in class or outside of class? The OM simulations are fully assignable through MyOMLab, so students could complete this as homework presumably after completing their reading. It would also work as an in-class activity, either working as an individual or as part of a team.
- Are the OM simulations smartphone compatible? The OM sims are compatible for mobile devices including smartphones in landscape orientation. However the simulations are optimized for desktop/laptop devices. Our research suggests that for activities of this length, most students still prefer desktop/laptop use.
- Are the OM simulations accessible? Yes, the OM simulations have been developed with a number of accessibility features including compatibility with screen reader devices.
- Can you pause the simulations? Yes, you can pause all of the simulations to review the artifacts (documents, emails, voicemails, texts) or make a decision.
- What is the price of the OM simulations? Access to simulations is through MyOMLab and included in that purchase cost. There is no additional fee to purchase these simulations on top of the MyOMLab purchase.